Thursday, January 2, 2014

Setting Goals


Welcome to 2014! Did you make any New Years Resolutions this year? And if you did, do you stick to them? 

Every year I make plans and write things down and try to stick to them for about a week or so then I get bored and I move on. But this year I set goals for myself and I am listening to God and letting go of what I thought I wanted to do. I am following God's plans for me and my family this year, and I have a feeling this year is going to be a smooth one!  


It has been such a struggle for me to just let go and let God lead. I am praying that this time I can just do it and trust fully in what He has in store for me.  I feel that when I take control knowing that I am not doing as God wants me to do things fall apart. And then the tense moments set in. But when I just allow Him to work in my life through prayer I notice a huge difference in the day. I also want to take more time in the mornings to just take in scripture and pray for my family and guidance for the day.  But I mean let's face it when you have 3 kiddos waking up at the exact same time needing mommy, food, drinks and cuddles it is hard to find the time to do this.  But it is worth it, I speak in a calm voice and the little things don't bother me as much as they would have if I just got up and was in a grumpy mood right away. 


So this year make it a point to follow what God has planned for you. Be happy. Be blessed! 


                                                                     Happy New Year!~
                                                                                          Amanda


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I pray you are continually blessed and encouraged on your journey in 2014!

    ReplyDelete