Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Forgiveness


'Forgive as the Lord forgave you.' Colossians 3:13

Forgiveness....such a hard thing to do.  I struggle with this from time to time because I feel as though it sometimes may be mistaken as excusing them from what they have done. I find myself having an inner battle of anger and wanting to let them know how I feel about the situation in a hateful way instead of a loving way. God is working on me with this and I have forgiven and moved on...but not without tons of prayer.  But after the fact I feel so much better and I can move on, I can breathe easier. I can notice a huge difference in my attitude and then in my home. 
 
Jesus forgives us. He FORGIVES! I sometimes shout that out when I am not wanting to forgive someone! I will no longer let them hold me back, tear me down and defy me.  If the Lord can forgive us for what wrong we have done. which I am sure is much worse than what someone has done to me than I can do it too.  Even though there will be struggles along the way I will overcome this and draw closer to Jesus. Instilling this into my children is something I want for them so badly. And until I can do it myself without second guessing then I can't fully teach them.  So please pray for me to be more Christ like and forgive more easily.  



1 comment:

  1. Oh yes. I feel these same feelings. So glad you wrote on this.

    ReplyDelete